You have another opportunity later this month to join West Linn Historical Society at the (now we can say popular) Ignite West Linn: History on Fire. This dynamic and lively fast-paced event providing glimpses into history will begin at 4pm on Sunday, July 29 at the Willamette Ale & Cider House, and run until approximately 5:30pm. Ignite presenters get 20 slides which automatically advance every 15 seconds.
We are thrilled that this time around (the event was piloted last January), the Ale and Cider House is fully operational! Big thanks to the friendly, community-minded folks at this establishment for being such big supporters of this and other events. The Willamette Ale and Cider House is located at 1720 Willamette Falls Drive in Historic Willamette.
And now – the unveiling! Big thanks to our Summer ’18 Ignite presenters:
- Workhorse and Playground: The 1873 Locks – Sandy Carter.
- History and Cider: Making of the Ale and Cider House – Toney Chay.
- Early West Linn Schools – Franny Heald
- Land Claims, Townsites and the Creation of West Linn– Roger Shepherd
- Making a living: Early Oregon jobs – Dede Montgomery
- The Red Electric: All abord – Nancy Dunis
- The Keystone: Holding ecosystems together – Beaver Ambassador, Steven Murschel
Do come join the action! Excellent selection of beer, cider, Kombucha and coffee drinks too.